Operations and Reliability Engineer
Midland, TX Posted: 8/29/2022
This position is responsible for providing engineering support to Permian basin compression facilities and operations. Position manages preventive and predictive maintenance programs, along with tracking and forecasting operating expenses. Role routinely interfaces with management, production operations, supply chain, accounting, legal, regulatory, marketing, environmental, and safety teammates. Ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in all facets of onshore compression operations, with a strong emphasis on safety, regulatory, and environmental practices. Position will be located in EOG's Midland Texas office. Periodic travel to field locations will be required. Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
- Serve as a safety leader within the division organization.
- Lead MOC, PSSR, PHA, and commissioning program.
- Participate in safety and design reviews.
- Function as primary level of engineering support for compression operations.
- Develop and maintain process simulation models for compression facilities.
- Champion process optimization, cost reduction, and emission reduction initiatives.
- Manage compressor performance optimization program.
- Work with engineering team in the development of equipment specifications.
- Serve as project manager on facility upgrades.
- Develop budgets for facilities projects and oversee cost tracking and forecasting efforts.
- Work with operations to develop maintenance and operating procedures.
- Establish critical spare part strategy.
- Conduct Root Cause Failure Analysis on failed equipment.
- Lead management of mechanical integrity program.
- Perform witness tests on new equipment performance runs.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum, or Electrical Engineering with five or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Extensive working knowledge of oil and gas facilities design, process simulation, compression operations, and construction oversight. Experience with Cat 3600 series engines and turbine powered centrifugal compression is an advantage.
- Strong background in operations support, troubleshooting, and predictive maintenance.
- Broad working knowledge of industry codes and design standards; including environmental, regulatory, and safety regulations.
- Direct knowledge of mechanical integrity programs.
- Experience in management of PHA, MOC, PSSR, and safety design processes.
- Experience with OSHA PSM regulations preferred.
- Candidate must have strong communication, interpersonal and technical skills, with the proven ability to build relationships and work in a multi-disciplined team. Must have the ability to work in a highly innovative, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer including Veterans and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here