Houston, TX Posted: 9/27/2022
Full time Property Tax Accountant Position in the Houston Office. Candidate will be assigned geographic area and will be responsible for:
- Gathering of data
- Preparation of required property tax returns
- Filing for pollution control exemptions
- Review of assessments
- Negotiation of tax values with assessors and/or appraisers including administrative appeal
- Reconciliation of final assessments
- Processing of tax payments to taxing entities
- Bachelor's degree in either Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or similar field.
- 2+ years of Oil & Gas Property Tax experience.
- Must have knowledge of the income approach to valuation with experience in discounted cash flow calculations preferred.
- Mid-Stream & exemption experience a plus.
- Also, be proficient using advanced Excel and Database functions along with the use of Oil & Gas Production Forecasting software.
- Candidate must be capable of multi-tasking, be detail oriented and possess excellent communication skills/interpersonal skills.
- The position requires communication and effective negotiation with Assessors and Professional Appraisers.
- Will require interaction with various EOG Departments including Accounting, Land Administration, Field Operations, Engineering and Material Control.
- Some travel will be required.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here