Water Resources Tech II
Midland, TX Posted: 5/17/2022
The Water Resources Tech role for the Midland Water Resource Team is primarily responsible for overseeing the rig up and rig down of each water transfer job and the operation of transfer. Furthermore, they will monitor the EOG Leak Detection System (idetect/midetect) and perform pre-job Pressure Tests and Meter Tests. The secondary responsibility is developing a strong working relationship with Midland Control Room and Third party transfer crews.
- Monitor the leak detection systems for all transfer lines.
- Maintain continuous operations to allow for transfer of Recycled, Reuse, or Non-fresh water our reuse facilities, third party pits, or Pipeline risers.
- Maintain the designated flow rates and pressures required for each completion. Rates exceeding 110 BPM.
- Proactively ensure the highest level of water transfer systems and infrastructure integrity.
- Train new operators and continue to develop the skills of existing operators.
- Perform pressure and meter tests and maintain emergency leak response plan, having the ability to remotely shut down of effected systems.
- Gather and record data, volumes, and pressures to provide reports to management for produced water and fresh water transfer operations.
- Work hand in hand with 3rd party water transfer crews to lead them from the job rig up to water transfer job completion to rig down.
- Perform fresh water flushes to rid lines of any reuse water after job completion. Work with control room to document starting and ending flush volumes. Take TDS readings at all points after flush is completed.
- Embrace and drive the EOG culture and the water resources department 2 primary goals of 0 spills and keeping water supplied to frac at all times.
Management of alarms to identify issues and direct field personnel to minimize downtime and obtain safe operations of the pipeline.
High School diploma or GED required. Minimum of 3 years of basic oilfield experience required, with Lease Operating or Water Resources experience preferred and good understanding of fluid mechanics and hydraulics. Computer skills must include a proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn internal and external programs. Additional consideration will be given for leak detection systems experience and SCADA and Cygnet systems experience. Must be able to work independently or in a team environment, with strong time management, prioritization and organization. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here