Compressor Mechanic II
Gillette, WY Posted: 4/25/2022
The Compressor Mechanic is responsible for performing complex mechanical functions and duties including inspecting, checking, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing mechanical equipment to maintain high levels of safe and reliable equipment performance.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Inspect compressors and engines for preventive repairs and have ability to troubleshoot typical issues.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on natural gas compressor and engine and document maintenance.
- Equipment repair on all components of natural gas compressors, such as engines, hoses, and other auxiliary equipment.
- Perform heavy mechanical maintenance and replacement of engines and reciprocating compressors, screw compressors including prime movers and auxiliary units.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance and critical parts
Assist in nontypical repairs and maintenance of other equipment.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years' experience in oil and gas operations specializing in mechanical maintenance
- Experience repairing large industrial natural gas engines such as Caterpillar or similar and Airel compressor.
- Ability to diagnose failures and perform repairs, possess good judgment and decision-making ability
- Must have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
- Must have strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel
- Must be able to climb, push, pull, lift 50 lbs. And carry objects weighing 30 lbs.
- Required to be on-call 24 hours when needed
- Must be able to bend, crouch, crawl, and squat
- Must be able to work independently and with others
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here