Sr. Accounting Clerk - Property Tax and Sales & Use Tax
Houston, TX Posted: 3/29/2022
The Sr. Accounting Clerk position will be shared between the Property Tax and Sales & Use Tax departments.
Responsibilities for the annual property tax cycle include; information gathering for tax renditions, assist with tax return preparation, maintaining departmental electronic files, maintaining an Access database of properties and assessed valuations, processing property tax payments to the taxing jurisdictions, as well as, communicating with the various tax assessors and tax offices.
Responsibilities for the monthly sales & use tax cycle include; G/L reconciliation, preparation of monthly sales/use & fuels tax returns, payment requisitions, timely filing and or mailing to Government jurisdictions, responding to delinquency notices, and sending out resale/exemption certificates as needed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in either property or sales and use tax. Experience in both or associated with oil and gas is a plus
- Basic knowledge of fundamental accounting principles
- Proficient in PC Applications (Word, Excel, especially Microsoft Access)
- Good analytical organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility in handling various tasks at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Should require minimum supervision on daily and routine assignments
- High school diploma or GED
Position will be filled at level commensurate with experience
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including Veterans and Disabled
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here