Geoscience Applications Associate
Midland, TX Posted: 11/29/2021
Providing technical and administrative support for Division Exploration Manager and Staff in the Geological & Geophysical Department, including Geoscience System, Database, and Software issues. Candidates should have a strong background in supporting a team of professionals with varying computer skill levels and comforts. Essential functions of this role include:
- Promoting Quality Control and Optimization of Geoscience Data & Workflows
- Knowledge of Geoscience Applications, Databases, and Systems with a willingness to learn new Software Packages is required
- Providing one-on-one and group help, instruction, demonstrations, and training for systems and software as needed
- Assist with Geoscience Data assembly, analysis, and organization
- Ability to work with Well, Seismic Data
- Consulting with outside vendors as needed
- Assisting in defining Geoscience IT needs and priorities
- Providing users with tools and methodologies to increase efficiency when using various software products
- Potentially coordinating the distribution and installation of new software and updates
- Candidates should have relevant experience working in the Oil & Gas Industry. Successful candidates will also be self-motivated and driven to see projects succeed. This is a support position and strong customer service skills are required.
Minimum of 3 Years previous experience as a Geoscience Technician/Geoscience Administrator; or Bachelor's Degree in Science or related field plus 1 Year experience as Geoscience Tech/Geoscience Administrator. Proficiency with Petra, Kingdom, and/or Petrel preferred. Must have good communication skills, organizational skills and work well in a team environment.
Position will be filled at a salary and level commensurate with experience.
EOG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4464.
Already have an account? Log in here