Houston, TX Posted: 7/16/2021
Supporting EOG’s commitment to Sustainability, Environmental, Social, and Governance, the ESG Specialist will support the development, execution and communication of EOG’s ESG Program. The ESG Specialist will report to the Director of Sustainability.
- Contribute to the development and publication of EOG’s annual sustainability report, including data gathering and content development to support alignment with stakeholder expectations.
- Understand ESG reporting frameworks and collect, validate, calculate, and aggregate ESG data for reporting.
- Assist in conducting research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning, and goal setting to facilitate conversations with stakeholders.
- Build relationships across the company to identify ESG and sustainability opportunities.
- Provide editorial support for narratives to communicate the ESG strategy and initiatives.
- Compile information and formulate data and key messages for use by senior management in meetings with investors, customers, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop effective presentations and other materials as required.
- Maintain expertise in ESG trends and standards.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Public Policy or related field preferred. High school diploma or GED is required.
- Minimum 5 years of related ESG business experience, including in-depth understanding of sustainability and corporate responsibility, and ESG reporting including rating agencies, ESG trends and metrics and ESG disclosure frameworks.
- Oil and gas industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to take complex data and communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Strong technical writing experience with background in writing sustainability reports and ESG content for websites and other platforms and formulating key messaging/speaking points for earning calls and stakeholder engagement.
- Strategic orientation and business acumen. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to anticipate future ESG expectations to provide strategic advice.
- Team effectiveness and ability coordinate and work with a wide range of skills and knowledge sets across the company to support the drafting of ESG content.
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to develop, implement and manage projects.
- Strong analytical skills to analyze, interpret and manage ESG data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, as well as ability to work with in-house data applications.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here