Corporate Legal Assistant
Houston, TX Posted: 2/18/2021
Provide paralegal assistance to the Deputy Corporate Secretary and other Legal Department attorneys in Houston with the primary focus on EOG subsidiary maintenance work. Further, the position will provide support to corporate finance/acquisition & disposition (A&D) transactions, parent company board of directors matters, and Sustainability Report and ESG matters, and provide administrative assistance to the Deputy Corporate Secretary and other Legal Department attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the maintenance of all EOG subsidiaries with direction from, and collaboration with, Deputy Corporate Secretary and other Legal Department attorneys.
- Collaborate and support Trinidad Legal Team on Trinidadian subsidiary maintenance efforts.
- Support ESG Senior Counsel and other Legal Department attorneys on Sustainability Report/ESG matters.
- Coordinate the collection and organization of Company and third-party documents and information in connection with corporate finance and A&D business transactions and regulatory matters.
- Support Deputy Corporate Secretary, other Legal Department attorneys and Lead Legal Assistant on preparation of materials for the Company’s parent company board meetings and annual meeting of stockholders (including related research and testing of related Company controls).
- Assist Deputy Corporate Secretary with preparation of disclosures for periodic SEC filings (including related research).
- Review, analyze and summarize documents and information.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentation materials, spreadsheets, initial drafts of contracts and other documents.
- Coordinate legal research projects with EOG Legal attorneys and outside legal counsel.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Sort and distribute correspondence, faxes and deliveries.
- Monitor and communicate critical dates for projects, litigation and regulatory matters, and assist with preparation and maintenance of related calendars and action item lists.
- Coordinate meetings, schedules and travel arrangements.
- Assist attorneys, legal assistants and executive secretaries with processing of invoices.
- Acquire a basic understanding of EOG’s business, including the functions of Company departments.
- Be creative in developing efficiencies within the Legal Department.
- Be resourceful in accomplishing work tasks and obtaining needed information.
- 5 years minimum legal support experience.
- Paralegal certificate from ABA-approved legal assistant training program is required.
- High school diploma or GED is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge in Microsoft Word and proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Westlaw or Lexis and email.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare correspondence and other documents with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility in dealing with changing work assignments and priorities.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Strong interpersonal skills: interacts with others in a courteous, helpful and friendly manner, a team player who works effectively with others at all levels and in all disciplines in a team environment and is able to maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie in working with others.
Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled.
EOG Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
Equal Employment is the Law
Requests for Accommodation
Individuals with a disability who wish to request an accommodation to complete an employment application, please Click here or call 713-571-4766.
Already have an account? Log in here