Under the supervision of the Director of Revenue Cycle, the denial analyst will be responsible for timely billing
and account receivable functions including claims filing, patient billing and accounts receivables from patients
and third-party carriers. The incumbent will closely monitor patient/client accounts.
This is a non-union position which pays a salary of $50,000/annually. Monday-Friday from 9x5pm
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsibilities include third party insurance billing and review and processing of payments.
- Review of trial balances and adjustment of accounts after payment
- Assist with loading encounters if needed.
- Maintains accurate records of billing claim submission.
- Updating patient's demographic and generating Billing Reports
- Check patient payments.
- Reviewing EOBs
- Claim denial reconciliation.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in medical billing
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical billing principles and practices
- Understanding of Insurance benefits
- Knowledge of OASAS Article 32, Article 28 & 31 billing rules & compliance
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft Windows computer environment, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic communications tools: internet and email.
- Demonstrate use of Nextgen, Epaces and various managed care web portals.
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive attitude with a willingness to be flexible and helpful.
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*