Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Transitional Housing, the Vice President will be responsible establishing program processes. He/she will oversee the management and operation of all programs in accordance with agency policies and procedures while meeting regulatory requirements from funding sources.
The salary for the Vice President is $119,000.00 to $140,000.00 annually base on relevant experience.
- Design programs goals, objectives and methodologies. Evaluate and measure outcomes of program services; and make program service adjustments as needed.
- Oversee management of daily operations; ensure smooth operations of programs and services by Program staff. Share on-call duties and respond to emergencies.
- Assist with drafting operating, capital and grant budgets, monitor all financial reports; code and authorize check requests, assist with cost analysis; long range financial planning.
- Assist with developing strategies, contribute to review of grant proposals and write proposal summaries.
- Manage personnel issues with the assistance of Human Resources. Recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, promote, demote and terminate employees. Approve leave requests; authorize time sheets and other personnel actions. Draft/amend job descriptions.
- Supervise and provide direction and support to Program Coordinators. Regularly review performance and take corrective action when necessary.
- Assists with the establishment of management systems to insure the effective delivery of services.
- Assist in the supervision of all program personnel and evaluation of performance in terms of standards to ensure that the objectives of the program are met.
- Create an understanding of the organizational strategic plan and communicate a clear link between team goals and the strategic plan.
- Assists in the development of all aspects of grant writing/proposal evaluation /management, special events, direct mail solicitations, acknowledgements and donor data base.
- Monitor and comply with all funding sources, municipal, state, federal regulations regarding program operations and/or funding requirements/restrictions. Draft/implement (with approval from Vice President and Senior Vice President) appropriate program policies and procedures.
- Submit regularly scheduled narrative, statistical, grant reports; other reports as required.
- Bachelor's degree in human services, public health or related field, Master's preferred.
- Minimum of five years supervisory related experience that demonstrates knowledge of operations in DHS programs.
- Minimum of five years related supervisory experience required, with a minimum of five years senior management experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures and directives relating to DHS programs
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Must possess current knowledge of regulatory standards, legal requirements, trends, legislation and emerging practices.
- Ability to perform daily management in a busy multi-service health organization.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of expense and revenue management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- All work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Has standard work schedule; Flexible hours may be required.
- Work is completed on site and with occasional trips to the community and elsewhere.
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters for the completion of own work.
- Follows clearly established policies and procedures but is able to use independent judgment in pre-determined circumstances or low-risk situations.
- Light work (lifting approximately 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects up to 10 pounds.
About Us: Acacia Network, the leading Latino integration care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, and great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing, and community-building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we've been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland, and Puerto Rico.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*