Behavioral Health (Promesa)
Licensed Practical Nurse (Methadone Dispensing)
Bronx, NY : 10/27/2023
Behavioral Health (Promesa)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists the health care team in performing tasks and responsibilities while implementing medical care and services for women with a history of chemical dependence, including but not limited to collecting health history, health assessment, annual physicals, minor office procedures, coordinating medical intake process, executing medical regimens prescribed by licensed healthcare providers, treatment, referral, health counseling and follow up care and services. Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams in providing patient-centered care providing positive measurable outcomes. The hourly rate for this role is $24.00/hr - $39.00/hr.
- Under the medical director's and registered nurse's supervision, provide supportive and restorative care to individuals in residential programs to provide health services to women and children.
- Review referred potential client medical histories submitted by the intake department.
- Assist with referring clients to appropriate healthcare provider specialists.
- Assist with managing the symptoms of withdrawal for clients who are in the stabilization element of care, this may include referral to seek further medical attention.
- Conduct health assessments with all new clients.
- Assist with managing client prescriptions with various pharmacies.
- Administer medications and maintain accurate and concise medication administration records for review and audit upon request by DOH and adhere to medication protocols according to policy and procedures.
- Perform technical skills such as vital signs, phlebotomy, and various lab collection procedures.
- according to CLIA guidelines and standards of nursing practice.
- Coordinates with the client's primary care physicians to inform decisions regarding the management and treatment of problems identified and provides care as prescribed by a physician.
- Assist in client care: Implement and follow up on the established plan of care and monitor progress.
- Assist in client referral and follow-up appointments.
- Assist in providing optimal care to clients including referral to the emergency department when necessary to prevent physical or mental harm and prevent adverse outcomes to the client's health or ability to cope physically or mentally with environmental stressors.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members regarding treatment modification as necessary according to health concerns.
- Monitoring the wellness center to promote organized and efficient medication tracking, refills, and disposal of medication, as needed.
- Document all medications in the electronic health record system Nextgen.
- May participate in staff meetings or professional development activities as needed.
- Assist in the event of shortage when requested.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/GED and proof of graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Must possess an active and unrestricted license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in New York State
- Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Must possess current NYS-approved Infection Control certification (4.0 hours, valid for 4 years)
- 3 years of practical experience in a healthcare facility
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/use population.
- Must have training in chemical use, abuse, and dependence specific to the services provided
- Must obtain a Mandated reporter (2 hours) before the hire date
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/abuse population
- Specialty areas may include but are not limited to Family Health, Women's Health, Holistic Care, etc.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here