Behavioral Health (El Regreso)
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Brooklyn, NY : 10/16/2023
Behavioral Health (El Regreso)
Under supervision of the Program Director, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
This is a part time position, 18.75 hours per week. The work shift is Tues & Thurs (9x3pm,) and Wed (2x7pm)
The salary is $80,000/ Annually
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Examines, diagnoses, treats and evaluates clients and their families who are referred for psychiatric services.
- Administers and interprets projective tests.
- Confers with client's relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Delivers a written comprehensive and diagnostic evaluation on all clients referred for psychiatric services.
- Provides continuing psychiatric care of patients and makes appropriate dispositional recommendations.
- Monitors the medical condition of patients by providing treatment and/or referrals as appropriate.
- Prescribes and manages the medication profile of each client according to generally accepted psychiatric standards and in accordance with all codes, rules and regulations.
- Provides and delivers all documentation in a timely manner and in legible form and with legible signature as required by the standards of the CCBHC program.
- Participates in, whenever possible in workshops, and coordinates a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals to develop treatment regimes that meet client care needs.
- As a member of the Clinic treatment team, participates in, reviews, and signs off on, all treatment plans.
- When necessary, supervises, approves, and provides ongoing psychiatric consultation to clinical staff members regarding their treatment of individual patients.
- Participates in medical staff efforts, including psychiatric peer review, to systematically review, evaluate and plan psychiatric and medical services.
- Prepares and maintains psychiatric records and reports and completes all required clinical and billing documentation and responds to all requests for treatment information in a timely manner.
- Conducts physical examinations; observing behaviors, reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- On Call Responsibilities as designated by Director
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Current New York State Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with dually diagnosed substance abuse and psychiatric patients
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive working relationship in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to prioritize and to be detail-oriented, multi-task and must strive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to make critical clinical decisions independently; ability to process information quickly
- Strong medical/clinical understanding of the business of health care
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Already have an account? Log in here