Under supervision of the Program Director, the Housing Specialist is responsible for providing housing case management and support to consumers and completing reporting requirements. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully fulfill the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. Pays:$55,000 per year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Provides housing case management and on-site crisis intervention, as needed.
* Completes housing items for required service plans.
* Acts as liaison between consumers, superintendents, and building managers to ensure all repairs are completed to either the participant's apartment unit or the building.
* Maintains a Building and Apartment Log for where consumers are living, which includes date, and condition of the apartments and buildings.
* Reports all non-compliance issues with respect to the apartment and building to the Supportive Housing Manager, including incidents requiring immediate attention.
* Educates consumers with respect to good housekeeping and home-safety practices, budgeting and landlord/tenant relations, as necessary.
* Maintains appropriate documentation of all consumer contacts and progress notes.
* Conducts home visits to help evaluate consumers' compliance with the rules and regulations of the housing program they are enrolled in (if appropriate) and to assess the need for referral to supportive services to ensure they maintain stable housing.
* May escort participants to social services agencies, as requested.
* Completes annual tenant rent calculation forms as well as apartment inspection forms to ensure consumers can maintain housing.
* Ensures annual leases are updated and filed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Associate's Degree or an equivalent related field required, Bachelor's preferred
* 2+ years previous relevant experience in a Behavioral Health environment required
* Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
* Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
* Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form
* Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
* Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus