Under supervision of the Program Director, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Worker will provide Personal and Community Integration services. Personal and Community Integration Services- Using rehabilitation interventions and individualized, collaborative, hands-on training to build developmentally appropriate skills. The intent is to promote personal independence, autonomy, and mutual supports by developing and strengthening the individual's independent community living skills and support community integration in the domains of employment, housing, education, in both personal and community life .
Pays: $45,000 per year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide rehabilitation support, recovery-oriented activities, interventions, and skill development necessary for the children, youth, adults and their families to improve self-management and reduce substance use, minimize psychiatric symptoms, and work on functional impairments.
- Assist children, youth, adults and their families to identify a meaningful life role goal and objectives through a person-centered approach.
- Provide coping skills training to improve navigation of psychiatric illness and its symptoms
- Provide social skills training, benefits and financial management, and daily living skills training.
- Provide psychoeducation with the goal to restore and support enhancing personal relationships, establishing social networks, increasing community awareness, and increasing community tenure, developing coping strategies, and avoiding more restrictive placements.
- Provide intervention implementation to promote learned skills so the child/youth can remain in a natural community location and achieve developmentally appropriate functioning in the following areas: social skills, health skills, and response to triggers.
- Support the identification and pursuit of personal interests and hobbies.
- Assist children, youth, adults and their families with dietary and wellness education, including meal planning, healthy shopping and meal preparation and nutrition awareness.
- Support children, youth, adults and their families to increase personal autonomy, including transportation navigation.
- Provide employment services to assist individuals in pursuing, securing, and retaining integrated, competitive employment if identified as chosen life role goal.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team.
- Provide ongoing assessment of the children, youth and their families' progress toward recovery, functional skills and impairment levels.
- Participate in person-centered treatment planning, including risk assessment and crisis planning
- Provide patient and family centered psychosocial assessments
- Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated.
- Work closely with clients to reach an agreement on formal treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment, including improving adherence to recommended treatment.
- Evaluate and provide therapeutic interventions individuals and in groups using evidenced-based practices.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- All other duties as assigned by the director and clinical supervisor.
- high school diploma, high school equivalency
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required
- Must complete Integrated Mental Health/Addictions Treatment Training (IMHATT) Certificate within 3 months of hire date
- Must be trained in Trauma Informed Care and in Military and Veteran's culture
- Minimum of three years' experience in children's mental health, addiction and/or foster care.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multitask with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.