Provide medical care and services for clients with history of chemical dependence, including health history, physical examination, minor office procedures, treatment, referral, counseling and follow up care and services. Pays 70,000 per year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, act as the health coordinator for residential programs to provide services to the clients in the program.
- Review referred potential client medical histories submitted by the intake department
- Assist with referring clients to appropriate health care provider specialists.
- Provide oversight of the LPN and CNA staff
- Conduct medical assessments with all new clients
- Assist with the managing client prescriptions with various pharmacy, focusing on the agency preferred pharmacy.
- Coordinates with the client's primary care physicians to inform decisions regarding
management and treatment of problems identified and provides care as prescribed by physician.
- Manage client care: follow up plan and monitor progress, determine when referral to another
provider is necessary and plan for further care, determine when emergency room visit is necessa1y and when illness is resolved.
- Work with interdisciplinary team members regarding modification of treatment as necessary
according to health concerns.
- Provide oversight and monitoring of the wellness center to promote organized and efficient medication tracking, refills, and disposal of medication, as needed.
- Document all medications in electronic health record system, AWARDS.
- May pa1iicipate in staff meeting or professional development activities as needed.
- Assist in staffing sh01iages
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred from an accredited nursing program.
- Must possess an active and unrestricted license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in New York State.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in health care facility.
- Must possess current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Must possess current NYS approved Infection Control certification (4.0 hours, valid for 4 years).
- Must have specific training in chemical use, abuse and dependence specific to the services provided.
- Must obtain Mandated reporter (2 hours) prior to hire date.
o Website info: https://nysmandatedreporter.org/TrainingCourses.aspx
- Obtain within six months of hire:
o Suppo11ing Recovery with Medications Addiction Treatment (MAT)
o CASAC Canon of Ethics (6 hours)
o Confidentiality related to 42CFR (3 hours)
- Knowledge of substance/alcohol dependence/abuse population.
- Specialty Area may include but not limited to Family Health, Women's Health, Holistic Care, etc.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required