Carlos Pagan (CCBHC)
Brooklyn, Ne : 11/15/2022
Under supervision of the Program Director, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity. Pay $150,000k-200,000k
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Examines, diagnoses, treats and evaluates clients and their families who are referred for psychiatric services.
- Administers and interprets projective tests.
- Confers with client's relatives regarding illness and treatment.
- Delivers a written comprehensive and diagnostic evaluation on all clients referred for psychiatric services.
- Provides continuing psychiatric care of patients and makes appropriate dispositional recommendations.
- Monitors the medical condition of patients by providing treatment and/or referrals as appropriate.
- Prescribes and manages the medication profile of each client according to generally accepted psychiatric standards and in accordance with all codes, rules and regulations.
- Provides and delivers all documentation in a timely manner and in legible form and with legible signature as required by the standards of the CCBHC program.
- Participates in, whenever possible in workshops, and coordinates a multidisciplinary team of mental health professionals to develop treatment regimes that meet client care needs.
- As a member of the Clinic treatment team, participates in, reviews, and signs off on, all treatment plans.
- When necessary, supervises, approves, and provides ongoing psychiatric consultation to clinical staff members regarding their treatment of individual patients.
- Participates in medical staff efforts, including psychiatric peer review, to systematically review, evaluate and plan psychiatric and medical services.
- Prepares and maintains psychiatric records and reports and completes all required clinical and billing documentation and responds to all requests for treatment information in a timely manner.
- Conducts physical examinations; observing behaviors, reviewing medical history and related documents; selecting, administering, and interpreting psychological tests; ordering laboratory tests and evaluating results.
- Assures quality and safe service for patients and staff by enforcing policies, procedures, standards, rules; participating in utilization reviews; remaining available for emergency consultations.
- On Call Responsibilities as designated by Director
- Performs other duties as required.
- Medical degree
- Unrestricted New York state license to practice medicine required
- Diplomate of the American Board of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Neurology or is eligible to be certified by that board or is certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Child and Adolescent Neurology and Psychiatry or is eligible to be certified by that Board.
- Must have NYS OPRA status and a Health Commerce Account
- Current DEA permit required
- 6+ years experience in psychiatric practice
· Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Salary: $158,231.62 - $200,000.33 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY 11231: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- psychiatric practice: 6 years (Required)
- BC/BE (Required)
- Medical License (Required)
- New York state license to practice medicine required (Required)
- DEA Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Already have an account? Log in here