Under supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist provides a wide variety of both complex and routine HR Administrative services. The Generalist assists in day to day Human Resources functions in the following areas: Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Employee Relations, Recruiting, Training and Development, and Employment and Compliance. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The salary range is $60-65K.
- Manages organizational-wide position control system to ensure adherence to annual budget and accurately maintain staffing/FTE levels and appropriately track vacancies.
- Manages and updates organizational-wide job postings, job hotline and career website to accurately reflect job vacancies.
- Participates as key member of HR team for new HRIS and Payroll system/software implementations, upgrades and/or system changes.
- Responsible for accurately processing all employee and consultant status changes in HRIS including new hires, terminations, promotions, increases, transfers, etc.
- Manage the 1199 SEIU longevity increase process. Calculates increase amounts as stipulated by CBA and processes increases approved by CFO.
- Calculates all salary adjustments including retroactive payments associated with hourly or salary increases (longevity, COLA, promotions, etc.) or salary reductions (demotions, transfers, status change).
- Manages the co-pay reimbursement process for 1199 SEIU members. Reviews all medical receipts submitted for reimbursement to determine eligibility. Processes month reimbursement register for fund disbursement.
- Performs monthly sanctions and exclusions screening of employees and vendors via KChecks. Reviews list of matches determine if any employees or vendors excluded by Office of Inspector General (OIG) or Office of Medical Inspector General (OMIG). Resolves matches as appropriate. Immediately reports any excluded employees or vendors to Director of Human Resources.
- Serves as finance for Payroll/Finance. Works closely with Controller to resolve issues between HRB and PayEx including but not limited to tax codes, accrual codes, file numbers, earning code, etc. discrepancies.
- Produces various HR-related reports as requested by HR staff and reports for compliance tracking (in-services, talent reviews, licensures/certifications, NEO attendance, etc.).
- Responsible for monthly internal reporting including turnover, external BCHN staffing reports, etc.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state labor laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ensures legal compliance on HR-related issues including ADA, EEO/AA, FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, etc.
- Attends and actively participate in departmental and/or organizational meetings, trainings and workshops as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in Human Resources Healthcare Industry experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Management or an equivalent related field required
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification a plus
- Knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration and compensation
- Experience with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and administration
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws and strong interviewing skills
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB, and EZ Labor
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality