We are the largest Hispanic non-profit organization in New York, and the second-largest Hispanic non-profit in the country. We"ve been servicing communities since 1969, and we"ve helped thousands and thousands of people with healthcare, substance abuse treatment, home and hospice care, affordable housing, and more. Each year, we care for more than 181,000 children and 118,000 adults. That"s an average of about 3,200 families. And by hiring talented individuals like you, we"ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico. Pays $60k-$70k
The Early Childhood Teacher (ACDP) will provide support to our Early Learn -Early Childhood Education centers located in the Bronx. The Teacher will help provide coverage in classrooms for students ages 0-2 years old and/or preschool learners.
1. Carries out age-appropriate curriculum to students.
2. Maintains a safe and orderly classroom.
3. Coordinates with Education Director, Assistant Teacher, and operations employees to provide an enriching and developmentally-appropriate experience for our students.
4. Cultivates positive relationships with parents of students.
5. Maintains documentation in accordance with organization policy, and department requirements.
6. Engages in sound classroom management.
This is a full time position. Hourly rate is negotiable and contingent upon education, licensure, and experience.
1. A baccalaureate or advanced degree in any field, at least 18 credit hours in early childhood education and experience teaching children in the age range for which she/he is applying for. Also be in the process of completing an advanced degree and NYC teaching Certification ' birth to grade 2' or have one.
2. Have knowledge and experience in the philosophy and practices of Head Start (or comparable child development programs), early childhood education, developmentally appropriate practice.
3. Proof of a physical examination within the last 6 months, which includes a tuberculosis test, and comply with other background checks as required by the Agency and/or DOHMH licensing, DOHMH and ACF.
4. Personal qualifications as required: Licensing Standards for Early Childhood Center-based programs, emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities
5. Have education or experience in collaborating with parents in the education of their children
As a leader in the field of substance abuse services, Acacia Network promotes a drug free workplace.
Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity.
No employment services or agencies need respond.