Under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor, the Kitchen Helper is to prepare and distributes food to all residents during meal hours. The Kitchen helper is expected to keep the kitchen area clean and maintain an inventory of food supplies. We have vacancies in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens. The hourly rate is $17.00/hr - $21.00/hr.
Food and Meal Service
- Assist the cook in the preparation of food as needed.
- Arrange tables for meals in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures.
- Distribute dishes, cutlery, and food to adult clients and their children.
- Serve clients' meals in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Label as to date received, all food received from vendors, and store them in the required place.
- Procure commodities needed to cook the menu from the freezer, refrigerator, and dry storage room.
- Maintain kitchen inventory.
- Clean eating areas before and after meals.
- Wash dishes and utensils according to sanitary practices.
- Remove kitchen garbage to outside receptacles.
- Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position.
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma required
- COVID-19 vaccination required
- Food Handler's certificate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of DHS requirements and protocols preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*