Under the supervision of the Activities Director, the recreation Aide will assist the Activities Director and Staff with the implementation of activities and programs for residents, focusing on individual personal interest. The recreation Aide will ensures that recreation activities takes place at Casa Promesa Nursing Facility. The recreation Aide is responsible in organizing , conducting and promoting activities , such as arts & craft, News & coffee social, Table games, tournaments, bake & cake sales, Birthday Celebrations, 1 to 1 visits , Trips like movies, Baseball games , museums and Picnics. This is a part time position/ 15 hours per week from 1-6pm. The salary is $27.33/Hr
- Recreation Aide will work directly with resident in the units or off Units.
- Assist the Activities Director and staff and set up programs area, implement and cleanup programs as needed.
- Organized and obtain supplies as required.
- Keep daily attendance. Document resident's participation in activities programs.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate Units.
- Collaborate with Activities Director to create/modifies recreation calendar and coordinate with outside parties to implement activities in the facility
- Distribute individual calendars.
- Make decoration and decorate areas like units, floors, nurse station, lobby and residents bulletin boards.
- Interest in working with people living with substance abuse and psychiatric issues in the Nursing Home.
- Provide refreshments to residents during special events and complies with residents diets.
- Delivered mail in daily basis.
- Assists in preparing and setting up activities areas for schedule programs.
- Assist in cleaning up activities area after completion of programs.
- Maintain department work area in clean, sanitary and safe manners.
- Ensure safety and maintain professional boundaries in all aspects of the interaction with residents in groups or individual work.
- Be familiar with Facility philosophy, policies and procedure.
- Must be able to work with ill, disable, emotionally upset ad at times hostile residents within the facility.
- Must be able to push and pull residents in wheelchair.
- May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases & conditions, including HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis B virus and Covid -19
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fully vaccinated against covid-19
- Positive Attitude and energetic.
- Experience with running activities in a healthcare settings a least two years.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Bilingual is a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*