The Head Cook is responsible for the preparation of all meals served at the Bronx River Senior Center, overseeing meal distribution, and the maintenance of the kitchen. He/She provides supervision to the Assistant Cook, kitchen aides, and volunteers and consults with the Director of Nutrition Services. The salary is $15.00-20.00/Hr
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of approximately 200 congregate meals (60 breakfasts, 140 lunches) on a daily basis.
- Maintains compliance with all guidelines and procedures regarding food service as set forth by the Department for the Aging and the Department of Health
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate food temperatures, portion sizes, and proper utilization of all food provisions, supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen in accordance with guidelines set forth by the Department for the Aging and the Department of Health.
- Supervises the Assistant Cook and all food service volunteers, delegating responsibilities accordingly.
- In conjunction with the Center"s Menu Committee, Center Director, and the Director of Nutrition Services, develops monthly menu with planned meals representing the cultural diversity of the Center"s senior population.
- Works with the Center Director in developing supply orders and maintaining inventory of all food service related items.
- Participates in monthly Menu Committee Meetings.
- Attends trainings as deemed appropriate by the Center Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Director, Director of Nutrition Services or Director of Senior Services Programs.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must be fully vaccinated against covid-19
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certification in food preparation is mandatory.
- Must have the ability to fully communicate in English.
- Have 2 years" experience preparing meals for large groups such as in restaurants, catering halls, or congregate setting.
- Must be in good health, have the ability to stand long hours and be able to lift heavy objects.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*