The Patient Navigator's role is to assist patients in navigating the medical system to complete a medical evaluation and initiate HIV-ART therapy. The Navigator reinforces adherence education with the patients and provides support to the patient throughout the process. The Navigator attends and schedules clinic visits with the patients and assists the clinical providers with managing the patients and clinic sessions. The Navigator is responsible for assisting with meeting data entry and reporting requirements for grant funding agencies. The salary is $32000/year.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules patient appointments, provides reminders, and accompanies clients to off-site appointments
- Clarifies information and answer questions regarding disease pathology, treatment eligibility and evaluation, HIV/AIDS treatment and medications, and managing co-morbidities
- Provides socio-emotional support to patients and help them to establish valuable social connections with others.
- Assists patients on HIV/AIDS treatment by providing support for patients and providing assistance in managing side effects or other problems
- Attends and assist in coordinating support groups, including HIV support groups.
- Ensures adherence to counseling and health education.
- Accompanies patient to supportive services appointments including but not limited to: Social Security, Welfare Office, Legal, Apartment Viewing, and HASA.
- Updates clinician on all new developments concerning patient
- Translates for Spanish speaking patients
- Orders medication, tracks prescriptions and refills.
- Maintains engagement standards in care in order to promote medication adherence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fully Vaccinated against covid-19
- High School Diploma required
- One (1) year experience navigating systems for individuals with chronic illnesses (including HIV)
- Experience working with homeless population
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*