After School and Youth Programs
New York, NY : 11/1/2022
After School and Youth Programs
The Outreach Worker/Coordinator is responsible for outreach within the community surrounding the Beacon Community Center. The Outreach Coordinator will build and maintain relationships with schools, community partners, and individuals within the neighborhood community. He or she will connect with community members, share information about the Beacon, advertise Beacon services, and solicit feedback from participants and community members to continually improve programming to meet community needs. Salary is $31,000/year
- Conduct community outreach and relationship building for a school-based community center
- Coordinate with all community partners, research potential partnership opportunities, and help establish new partnerships that may benefit the Beacon Center
- Collaborate with the host school's Parent Coordinator and administrative team to perform outreach to students and families that might benefit from Beacon services
- Reach out to Parent Coordinators at neighboring schools to advertise current Beacon services and target outreach to maximize engagement
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders (participants, parents, school staff and administration, funders, the community, and NIA)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records pertaining to partnerships, and outreach activities
- Ensure program meets Beacon goals, including helping to meet recruitment targets for all age levels of participants, and the recruitment of students who have a high rate of absenteeism
- Engage Beacon participants and families thorough communication, provide access to needed services, and offer
- Actively participate in Advisory Council and Youth Council meetings
- Help build a strong sense of community which values respect, acceptance, and high expectations
- Perform other duties and tasks as deemed necessary by the Beacon Management
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist program with the application and enrollment process
- Assist in the promotion of the Beacon program, to reach contract numbers on or before deadlines.
- Oversees the Beacon's Parents In Action committee.
- Schedule 2 to 3 Workshops a month for beacon participants and parents.
- Plan and coordinate with Senior leaders special and Holiday Events
- Submit a detailed monthly reports and coordinate Newsletter to Assistant Program Director of the participation rate within the targeted activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of a High School diploma, with some related college coursework, preferably in education, youth development, or community development
- A minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience working with youth or adults in an educational setting is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively
- analytical, Strong communications and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel, email correspondence, and database management is required
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here