The Childcare Specialist will provide care for young children (ages 0 to 5). He/she is responsible for working on a team to assist with implementing daily, child-friendly programming. They must ensure the development and safety of these children in accordance with relevant federal, territorial and Band legislation and policies. The Teacher's Aide will be respectful of children and parents and ensure that equipment and facilities are clean, safe, and well maintained. The Teacher's Aide will have oversight of individual, group, and staff facilitated programming, which are intellectually stimulating and foster self-reliance and social responsibility. The salary is $35,000 -$40,000/year.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1) Assists infants and toddlers with care needs (e.g. diapering, toilet training, feeding, turning over, sitting, standing, walking, etc.).
2) Determine the individualized needs of each child and provide specialized programming to foster physical, social, emotional development and cognitive skills and abilities.
3) Facilitate enhanced play between mothers and their children by modeling techniques and skills.
4) Maintain rooms and play areas to ensure clean, orderly, and safe conditions. Clean classroom toys, books, and equipment as needed.
5) Must be flexible and supportive to the needs of mothers and their children.
6) Help to enhance development and learning for children and mothers by contributing to curriculum planning.
7) Complete incident reports as needed and report to other management when Senior Childcare specialist is not on-site.
8) Support children who struggle with separation and who may have experienced complex traumatic stressors.
9) Record daily observations relating to children's behavior and activities.
10) Report daily progress to the Senior Childcare Specialist.
11) Maintain confidentiality and ensure it is enforced at all times.
12) Monitor children for signs of child abuse or maltreatment and reports of incidents must be given to the appropriate authorities.
13) Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- HS Diploma/GED
- Must be fully vaccinated against covid-19
- Must possess appropriate training and work or life experience in the area of child care for ages 0-5 years old.
- Provide opportunity for positive parent-teacher communication.
- Able to develop and implement curriculum for the children who reside with their mothers at Greenhope Services for Women, Inc.
- Experience working with children and parents with disabilities.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of mothers and their children.
- Be open-minded, positive, energetic, and fun!
- Must be able to work some evenings.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*