The Capital Equipment Specialist will assist in ensuring the success of the department by working with the Director of Procurement, to coordinate the development the capital equipment operations to ensure furniture and capital improvements projects meet the goal and objectives that are consistent with and supportive of the Acacia Network mission. The Capital Equipment Specialist have limited supervision responsibilities but is required to collaborate with Acacia affiliates to develop project plans and timelines for project completion. The salary is $50,000-$55,000yr
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide leadership and support in planning, organizing, and controlling the procurement of capital equipment and furniture for expansion projects.
- Negotiate prices with suppliers to maximize company savings.
- Development of contract agreements for recommended purchases.
- Coordination of sourcing activities with suppliers.
- Develop and implement efficiencies, standardized tools, practices, and procedures shortening the quotation, RFP and decision making and evaluation time.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining procurement policies and reviews on a regular basis to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with internal and regulatory policies. Ensures process documents are complete, current, communicated and stored appropriately
- Establish strong relationship building with members of internal departments including Product Development, Procurement, Manufacturing Operations, and Information Technology.
- Identify the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships with vendors who participate with Essensa.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing vendor contracts.
- Performed direct negotiation for significant contracts, corporate relationships, and major capital acquisitions. Reached yearly contractual goals through periodic meetings with major suppliers and key user departments.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Implement cost savings programs that include long-term agreements, rebates, market testing, resourcing, value analysis and target pricing, etc.
- Investigate time delays and problem solve to prevent projects delays
- Develop and maintain a positive and ethical relationship with suppliers
- Complete special projects/assignments as requested
- Interface with Accounting regarding supplier payment issues
- Monitor supplier performance i.e., cost, quality, delivery, etc. and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Confirmation of submitted invoices to confirm completion prior to payment
- Submission of periodic reports
- Conduct market research on competitors' pricing, product availability, and industry trends in accordance with Acacia funding agency requirements.
- Management of suppliers to ensure completion of projects
- Printing, processing, filing, and distributing purchase orders as required
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in purchasing capital equipment
- Experience with MS Office tools, including Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of purchasing practices
- Strong negotiation, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience sourcing capital equipment preferred
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*