Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Housing Specialist is responsible for providing case management, housing support to participants, and monthly reporting requirements that will ensure compliance with the parameters of the program. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The salary range is $40,000-$45,000 ($20.00/hr - $25.00/hr).
- Acts as liaison between participants, superintendents, and building managers to ensure all repairs are completed to either the participant's apartment unit or the building.
- Maintains a Building and/or Apartment Log, which includes the date, and condition of the apartments and/or building.
- Reports all non-compliance issues with respect to the apartment and/or building to the Supportive Housing Manager, including incidents requiring immediate attention.
Case Management and Record Keeping
- Provides case management and on-site crisis intervention.
- Completes required service plans.
- Facilitates monthly CAB tenant meetings.
- Educates participants with respect to good housekeeping and home-safety practices, budgeting, and landlord/tenant relations, as necessary.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of all tenant contacts.
- Documents monthly progress notes in the participants' chart.
- Conducts home visits to help evaluate participants' compliance with the rules and regulations of the program and to assess the need for referral to supportive services.
- May escort participants to social services agencies, as requested.
- Reports any alleged child neglect or abuse to the Supportive Housing Manager.
Housing Reporting Requirements
- Responsible for completing annual tenant rent calculation forms, when applicable.
- Responsible for completing annual apartment inspection forms, monthly & annual.
- Updates monthly program database.
- Ensures annual leases are updated and filed.
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor or Associate's Degree, depending on experience
- 3+ years of previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion
- Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in written form
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality
- Willingness to perform other related duties as assigned
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required