Applications Systems and Support Specialist.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the support of Acacia Network and its affiliates as it relates to all the applications that provide service to our staff and clients. This includes but is not limited to assisting in the deployments and maintenance of various technologies supporting the IT Infrastructure and developing relationships with other technology groups to ensure all issues are addressed up and down the application stack.
Pay $35.00- $40.00/HR./
- Lead, coordinate and support new software implementation from inception, installation and testing to production rollout.
- Support applications within the production environment, including an extensive and practical understanding of the applications.
- Provide L1/L2/L3 support for mission-critical applications. This includes providing quick resolutions to app issues, driving stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help Acacia Network succeed.
- Perform timely escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns of recurring incidents to improve service capabilities.
- Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with ownership of problems to resolution.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis of application and software issues raised by end users
- Work with 3rd party vendors to perform installation, configuration, patching and support for their respective software.
- Management and support Active Directory and Virtualized environments (VMware, Nutanix)
- Deploy, Install, configure and upgrade Microsoft Servers, Clusters and workstations as needed.
- Assist with backups to ensure data consistency and availability
- Assist in the administration of Active Directory entities and objects.
- Assist in
- Assist in the administration of Office 365 tenancy.
- Monitor, optimize and complete performance/query(SQL) tuning to ensure quality database performance as well as capacity planning
- Troubleshoot network, server, application and database issues to ensure applications Maintain database security and systems availability
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solutions
- Preventive maintenance on all systems including hardware repair software updates
- Healthcare experience a plus (NextGen application, big plus).
- Work with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and design / deliver enterprise level solutions.
- Create and update technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
- Works well with others and takes actions that are most appropriate for achieving departmental and organization goals
Microsoft Server 2008 or higher experience
VMware / ESX /Server administration
Outlook mail administration
Experience in shell scripting, Coding Scripts, Procedures, functions, etc. a plus.
Experience in any of the following, NextGen, MyAvatar, ADL, FundEZ
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related discipline.
• 2+ years of experience in application and/or server/database support.
• Good organizational/personal skills to work with different departments.
• Ability to work as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated experience with application support
• Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking capabilities
• Strong analytical, communication, and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent in solving complex technical and business problems.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Proven experience in application and windows server support in a production environment
• Knowledge of PHP, PowerShell, Scripting, etc.
• Highly motivated - self-starter, proactive with time management skills
• Is resourceful and willing to take initiative
• Proven track record of adaptability
• Excellent verbal and written communication and consultative skills.
• Ability to work effectively with internal clients and other teams.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical people