The Sourcing Buyer is responsible for order placement and monitoring to ensure delivery of products and services to end users. Provide customer service support to departments both on and off campus. Communicating with Department about delivery/ ETA, returns, missing items, wrong items, or any discrepancies. Working with Suppliers for order follow-up and product research. This position will be involved with various projects to improve the process of the Procurement Operations. The salary is $45,000/Year
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct market research on competitors' pricing, product availability, and industry trends in accordance with Acacia funding agency requirements.
- Manage the inventory levels of various kinds of products, many of which have short shelf lives, long lead times, and inconsistent demand.
- Work with vendors and transportation to find the most cost-efficient way to transport products.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Enter order details (e.g., vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
- Replenish inventory based on historical usage, current usage, and existing inventory.
- Requisitions and stores shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Receives purchase orders from various buying departments.
- Confirms pricing with supplier & request quotes.
- Releases purchase orders via FundEz, Yardi, or ADL.
- Fax or E-mail purchase orders to suppliers.
- Provides support to the Acacia Network affiliates by assisting them with the process of merchandising, selection and development, sales, analysis, and vendor management.
- Fully Vaccinated against covid-19
- High school Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Minimum one year purchasing & stockroom experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of purchasing requirements and how to use purchasing equipment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work within a minimal supervision, fast-paced environment.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*