Alba De Vida
This is a professional level Position: that requires an extreme order to interact, establish and maintain effective working re Services, Child Protective Services, Court Officials, lawyers organizations, and the clients' in need of preventive services sensitive to the needs of the targeted population. Must maintain a full caseload of 20 client minimum. This position has collateral duty of assisting DV clients with securing stable housing.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Ability to work flexible hours and under pressure in crisis.
· Provide translation and interpretation services when needed.
· Ability to complete client intakes and assessments.
· Must accompany, support and advocate on behalf of the client within the appropriate human services agencies.
· Assist clients' with the legal process, through appropriate referrals, such as, Legal Aide, Courts, Neighborhood Legal Services, Volunteer Lawyers, etc.
· Responsible for maintaining caseloads and accurate case files on all clients.
· Develop and maintain on-going communication, Child Welfare and Child Protective Services Worker's and other services providers.
· Will make every effort to ensure that the confidentiality is taken seriously for the safety and quality of services to those clients' that are in need of domestic violence services.
· Ability to work closely with Child Protective Services and the Courts to ensure that clients' comply with CPS and court stipulations (court menu), and remains free of domestic violence and abuser.
· Mandatory child abuse reporting.
· Ability to travel when required for training purposes and client crisis situations.
· Assist client in housing search, liaison with landlords, housing agencies, realtors.
· Assist Senior Case Manager in community education and presentation for the purposes of conducting outreach services to raise awareness in the community about horrible effects of domestic violence.
· Ability to create and translate materials that are culturally sensitive and appropriate.
· Provide intensive case management, home visits, and provide clients' with the appropriate referrals, such as housing, emergency shelter, social services, food pantry, and other services that the client may need.
· Assists in the implementation of projects and program events within the scope of the Domestic Violence Department as required.
· Attend meetings on a regular basis with Senior Case Manager and or the Department Director to report , strategize services and set program goals and objectives for the smooth provision of client services.
· Will be required to do and submit monthly reports to the Senior Case Manager on program specifications.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Case Manager, Department Director, and Executive Director.
An Associate degree from an accredited institution in social work, human resource services, social sciences or related field is preferred and at least two (2) years of experience in working with a risk families and one (1) of which must have been in case management.
Must be bilingual/bicultural and have fluent communication skills in both Spanish and English (oral and written). Must be able to facilitate a good working relationship with the Hispanic community and be knowledgeable of and sensitive to the special needs of the populations.
· Must have knowledge in the use of a computer and word processing software.
· Knowledgeable in the use of the Internet.
· Prior experience working with culturally diverse customers and staff.
· Have own transportation vehicle.
· Valid New York State Drivers License.
· Current insurance on vehicle.
· Must be able to speak both Spanish and English fluently.
· May be subject to a drug screen, driving record and criminal background check.
· May be required to sometimes work flexible hours as scheduled.