Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we"ve been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
We are seeking a Operation Aide for our Residential Program in Queens. The ideal candidate will be someone who is dedicated to working with the community and strives within a residential setting. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working recovery and helping others. Salary $21.97/hour
Responsibilities consist of but not limited to:
- Maintain the safety and wellbeing of your clientele.
- Always be courteous, no matter what, so that your clients maintain their dignity.
- Implement the agency evacuation protocol in the event of a fire or disaster (on that note, you must successfully complete training to be a certified fire and emergency drill conductor).
- Conduct an hourly census of the house to assess the security of the facility and the safety of the clients?if a client is acting irresponsibly, be prepared to intervene using clinical skills.
- Counsel clients if the need arises, and always act in their best interest.
- Supervise self-medication for residential clients in accordance with the physician's prescription (and manage the monthly filing of the client medication log).
- Take random urine samples for drug and alcohol testing. Oversee daily chores.
- Document things like interventions, attendance, and client activities; Record them in the communication log book, and/or complete an infraction or incident report in accordance with the agency"s and state"s policies.
- Register each client"s daily attendance in the treatment setting, so it can be used for billing purposes.
- Keep a clear, thorough, and precise recording of all client activities, whereabouts, absconds, emergencies, and police contact.
- Ensure confidentiality (in accordance with Federal Regulation 42 CFR Part 2, and HIPAA) in all documentation and communication.
- Assist your fellow staff members; Provide guidance, counseling, crisis intervention, and conflict resolutions for clients if the primary clinical staff is unavailable.
- Distribute mail, answer phones, sign in visitors, and search clients upon returning to the facility?also manage documents that track things like daily attendance, weekend passes, contractor sign-in/sign-out, and more.
- Complete clinical training (as assigned by the Director or Executive Staff) in order to improve your knowledge base and skills.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Valid NYS CASAC-T certification or CRPA required.
- 1+ years" experience in OASAS residential program
- Ability to complete work independently as well as in collaboration with team members
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter. Excellent time management skills
- Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Bilingual Spanish Required
- We offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package!
*Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer*