Ramon Velez Expansion Project
Bronx, NY : 9/15/2022
Ramon Velez Expansion Project
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Site Manger oversees the day-to-day operations of a multi-service primary care center in New York City. The Site Manager is responsible to the provision of effective administrative, financial and operational aspects of the health center, including both front-end and back-end operations. This position will ensure the delivery of a patient-centric primary care experience, foster a safe, trauma-informed care environment where staff are engaged, developed and invested in the vision and mission of the organization. This is a supervisory position. The salary range is $75-80K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Direct oversight of Assistant Site Manager who oversees the Front Desk staff and other non-clinical support staff at Ramon Velez and the School Based Health Center (SBHC).
- Oversight of schedule for all site staff (i.e. front desk staff, MA/LPNs, RNs, care coordinators, providers, etc.) to ensure seamless and adequate coverage.
- Administrative oversight of the SBHC in collaboration with Medical Director who will provide clinical oversight of the SBHC.
- Administrative oversight of all programs at Ramon Velez such as WIC and any other targeted program for the community.
- Develop and monitor trends and provides action plans for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) within the practice operations
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, responsible for the financial performance of the site. Monitor the budget, site expenses to project revenue and execute plans for budgeting variances.
- Maximize patient throughput and review of cycle times by managing ongoing daily front and back office operations.
- Reconcile site encounters on a daily basis to ensure accurate billing and encounters are closed in a timely fashion.
- Oversight of cash collections relating the patient billing and AR at the center level.
- Responsible for the overall appearance of the facility by conducting regular walk-through, filling out work orders, arranging routine and emergency maintenance visits for the building's facilities.
- Ensure facility is adequately stocked with necessary supplies and par levels are maintained.
- Organize work around repeatable processes rather than one-off projects and takes a continuous improvement approach. Updates and develops new department standard operating processes (SOPs).
- Collaborate with Medical and QI leads to drive clinical quality measures, population health initiatives, and reduce the cost of care.
- Continuous pursuit to build patient census through identification of new growth opportunities, community partnerships, marketing avenues, and underserved populations.
Personnel and Patients
- Recruit, supervise, manage, develop and evaluate performance of all staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards (with the exception of the doctors).
- Collaborate with the HR team to formalize a development plan for staff as well as manage employee relations issues such as provide employees with formal write-ups and suggestions for improvement, and administer terminations as needed.
- Perform tasks to maintain employee/payroll records including check and audit of timekeeping records for compliance with established standards by maintaining time and attendance records. The Administrative Assistant will oversee timekeeping for providers.
- Conduct daily huddles and monthly staff meetings to communicate policy, operational and health care environment updates.
- Oversee patient satisfaction surveys, review trends and implements interventions to strive for excellence. Disucss results and trends during QI/QA meetings.
- Foster a culture of excellent customer service. Monitor patient complaints, meet with patients to discuss any concerns regarding their visits, execute interventions relating to staff and patient concerns, and ensure timely and effective resolutions.
Regulatory & Compliance Oversight
- Execute and maintain compliance with all established processes, procedures, and performance metrics. Conducts routine trainings with competency assessments.
- Coordinate and ensure that all records of the facility, equipment, and logs are maintained properly and are up to date.
- Ensure staff maintain and adhere to all HIPAA requirements in accordance with the policy and procedure.
- In collaboration with Compliance Officer, investigate, monitor and keep leadership abreast of regulatory/complinace issues, deficiencies, or potential problems that may have financial impacts, personnel concerns, or involve regulatory intervention.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, develop and maintain a standard complinace infrastructure in accordance with regulatory agencies including but not limited to: Department of Health (DOH), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and Joint Commission
- Conduct and participate in internal and external meetings, conferences and seminars as a representative of Primary Care, including the Board of Directors meetings held afterhours and on weekends.
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by supervisor.
- Undertake special projects and assignments as directed.
- Masters degree in health administration, public health in healthcare management, business administration, public administration, nursing or equivalent strongly preferred. BA required.
- Three (3) years progressively responsible management and supervisory experience with specific knowledge, experience, and demonstrated ability in the areas of management, personnel development and management, organizational evaluation, professional staff development and leadership skills in an ambulatory medical care setting preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in Community Health Centers
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills. Able to effectively deescalate, communicate and navigate highly sensitive and challenging situations with a sense of calm reassurance.
- Good judgment in a) seeking and using information to support decision-making; b) anticipating the consequences of decisions and actions; c) communicating information; d) interacting constructively with others both within and outside the organization; e) maintaining confidentiality, as appropriate; and f) choosing actions that are beneficial to, and consistent with, the mission, goals, culture and style of the organization.
- Strong qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills, demonstrated by ability to identify and use information and data to set goals and priorities, make decisions and measure performance, Strong coaching philosophy focused on observation and feedback model
- Demonstrated history of managing people to meet/exceed established Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills with excellent attention to detail
- A compassionate and trauma-informed care approach to patients is essential
- Ability to travel between clinic locations across New York City
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here