Under supervision of the Program Supervisor and the Director of Asset Management, the Maintenance Custodial Worker is responsible to transport and drive clients to and from their residence in addition to perform maintenance and custodial functions when not driving to assist the overall functioning of the integrated outpatient program.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Transport and drive clients to and from their residence to receive treatment from their program with the company van
- Assist persons in entering and exiting the vehicle
- Operate the company COTI vehicle in a safe fashion and in compliance with all driving regulations
- Maintain accurate records of all trips
- Perform vehicle condition inspections at start and end of every shift
- Maintain vehicle in compliance with Vehicle Management Policy
- Removes dirt, dust, grease and film from all surfaces using proper cleaning or disinfecting solution
- Disposes of waste/trash (recyclable, regulated, regular medical) into proper container and place containers in proper location for city/town refuse pick-up
- Receives and follows cleaning schedules
- Identifies and uses proper cleaning equipment, cleaning solutions, and utility cart
- Cleans washes, sanitizes and /or polishes furnishings, mirrors, room or bathroom fixtures, appliances, cabinets, heating/cooling system, etc.
- Uses any combination of the following: cleaning, sanitizing, dusting, polishing, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, damp/wet mopping, in the assigned work area
- Uses proper cleaning techniques for floors; sweep, dust, damp/wet mop, or vacuum
- Disposes of waste/trash (recyclable, regulated, regular medical) into proper container
- Removes and replaces plastic liners from trash can when necessary
- Replaces or replenishes necessary supplies in assigned work areas, such as toilet tissue, paper towels, soap, trashcan liners, etc.
- Follows all cleaning or sanitation procedures in isolation rooms/areas in accordance with infection control policies and procedures
- Performs duties in an orderly and safe manner, using proper signs and equipment safety procedures to prevent accidents
- Make repairs to walls, fixtures, furniture, and equipment
- Maintain exterior building grounds and ensures sidewalks are free of debris, snow and ice
- Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time
- CDL preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid NYC Driver's License.
- May need to operate a GPS or read a map
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks without supervisory oversight
- Willingness to work in multiple locations each day
Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure