Under the supervision of the Vice President of Human Resources and Talent Management and the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist as part of a wider HR team, is pivotal in helping drive change and performance management. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned programs and manages the administration of the Human Resources policies, procedures.
The Human Resources Generalist (ANH) must ensure high levels of communication within the HR team and also provide business focused human resources functional guidance with emphasis on aligning human resources initiatives with business strategies & objectives and promoting a high-performance environment.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Employee Requisition Process
- Act as the lead to ensure the process is updated and maintained for the entire organization.
- Ensure forms have accurate information to prompt recruiters to post vacant positions.
- Ensure all ERFs have been approved by the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates to the ERF binder to ensure HR have copies of submitted forms with completed new-hire information.
- Prepare new hire documents for Human Resources Coordinators to begin pre-employment process.
- Manages onboarding process for portfolio
- Ensure all required documents are approved prior to candidates being contacted to initiate on boarding which includes ensuring Job Descriptions are updated and provided to Coordinators for Pre-Employment Process.
- Responsible for effective and efficient management of pre-employment background check processes under all regulatory agencies (OASAS, OMH, CHRC, DHOMH, etc.).
- Assist in assurance of compliance with pre & post-employment background requirements including but not limited to SEL, SCR, CBC etc.
HRIS Systems/Process Automation
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining HRIS integrity.
- Assists the HR liaison with the Payroll Department regarding ADP changes (e.g. new hires, rehires, terminations, salary adjustments, promotions, title changes, transfers, promotions, etc.) under portfolio.
- Completes FLSA testing for positions to determine appropriate classification status and compliance with Department of Labor standards.
- Assist in updating and maintaining the position control and requisition log to ensure adherence to annual budgets and accurately maintain staffing/FTE levels.
- Assists with responding to Unemployment Claims, including forwarding unemployment requests and support documentation to the unemployment representative, answering basic unemployment questions, and generating summary reports.
- Responds to hearing appointments and coordinate with management for hearings.
- Drafts letters of appeal and coordinates with management and Director of Human Resources regarding strategy.
HR Administrative Support
- Manages the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Process in compliance with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) immigration laws:
- Follows up as required for SSN Tentative Non-confirmation, DHS Tentative Non-confirmation and Final Non-confirmation Notices.
- Completes employee protest, which includes questionnaires and verifications of wages.
- Works closely with Director of Human Resources to provide various trainings to assigned portfolio.
- Provides guidance to HR Coordinators on the HR process and procedures in the absence of Sr. HR Generalist
- Prepares Weekly HR reports for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of existing and proposed federal and state labor laws/regulations to ensure compliance.
- Attend and actively participate in departmental, organizational or external meetings, trainings, workshops as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be fully vaccinated against covid-19
- 2 + years previous relevant experience in Human Resources required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Management or an equivalent related field preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Working knowledge of HR functions including recruiting and hiring, benefit administration, employee/labor relations and compensation.
- Familiarity with medical/dental/life insurance enrollment and administration.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to interface with associates and management at all levels, handling confidential issues and information with discretion.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office, HR Perspective/HRB and EZ Labor, ADP Workforce Now.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- PHR or SHRM-CP a plus.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*