Ramon Velez Expansion Project
Nurse Practitioner (Women's Health)
Bronx, NY : 8/11/2022
Ramon Velez Expansion Project
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) (Women's Health) is a licensed independent practitioner that serves as a primary and/or specialty care provider. The NP works autonomously and/or in coordination with other healthcare professionals. The NP is responsible for facilitating advanced primary and specialty nursing services to the health center's patients within the scope of his/her licensure. He/she possesses the training and competency required while using national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care and acts as advocate for policies and practice that benefit the patient/community. The NP will have specific training in women's health issues including well women examinations, family planning, menopause and other reproductive health care concerns. The NP should be able to perform minor gynecological procedures including insertion of long-acting reversible contraception. This position is location at the Ramon Velez Health Center
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Diagnose, treat, and manage acute and chronic illnesses.
- Diagnose, treat, and manage reproductive and gynecological illnesses.
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical evaluations.
- Perform gynecological procedures: pap smears, breast exams, screening for sexually transmitted infections, colposcopy and insertion of intrauterine devices, implantable devices.
- Order, conduct, supervise, and interpret diagnostic and laboratory tests.
- Evaluate and interpret patient data in order to implement appropriate intervention, create a care plan and provide care coordination.
- Provide preventative care, including screening and immunization.
- Prescribe medications, teach clients about side effects and monitor response to prescribed medications, including controlled substances.
- Make referrals as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and confidential records and complete medical records in accordance to organizational policy.
- Triage patients as needed and provide appropriate care.
- Maintain patient safety goals.
- Conduct patient education after assessing patient/family needs.
- Participate in staff and organizational meetings as requested for care coordination and development of policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Perform additional relevant duties as requested by supervisor/management.
- Active and unrestricted New York State Nurse Practitioner License.
- Active and unrestricted New York State Registered Professional Nurse License.
- An advanced degree, either an MSN (Master of Science in Nursing) or DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) from an accredited nursing program.
- Board certification from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Application and/or maintenance of National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Active and unrestricted Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
- Active and unrestricted DATA 2000 Waiver (buprenorphine), if applicable.
- NYS mandated Infection Control certification (NYS DOH approved; 4 hours, valid for 4 years).
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Mandated Reporter Certification.
- Three years of practical experience in ambulatory care required.
- One year of primarily women's health experience required
- Sound understanding of all federal, state and oversight agency regulations.
- Knowledge of disease prevention.
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure.
- Bilingual - Spanish strongly preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here