Under supervision of the Program Director, the License Clinical Social Worker is responsible for the provision of short and long term psychotherapy to a caseload of psychiatrically diagnosed individuals within the integrated outpatient treatment program.
This position requires great organizational and time management skills. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. This job is located in Albany, NY
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates and provides therapeutic interventions for adults diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illnesses.
- Assessments performed with complete formulation, differential diagnosis, treatment and safety planning.
- Provides individual therapy and group services rooted in evidenced based practice.
- Works as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team and practices client centered and holistic care.
- Communicates effectively with client, collateral contacts, outside agencies, referring agencies, and/or outside providers as needed for continuity of care.
- Maintains appropriate and timely documentation of clinical services and related clinical contacts in accordance with OMH and OASAS regulations and organizational expectations.
- Performs clinical, compliance, and administrative duties as instructed.
- Assist in the development of Evidenced Based Practices Group Curriculums in collaboration with the team.
- Assist in the creation or enhancing of group curriculums for new or upcoming group cycles.
- Attends professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Provide clinical/task supervision for agency interns MSW, MHC, BSW, LMSW
- Conduct seminars and training for other clinical staff on various mental health diagnoses.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary treatment teams and case conferences to determine client care and treatment planning.
- Provide crisis intervention on as needed basis.
- 3+ years previous relevant experience in Social Work experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- Master"s Degree in Social Work or an equivalent related field required
- Current and unrestricted LCSW? NYS Licensure
- S. I. F. I preferred (Seminar in Field Instruction)
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*