The Program Administrator (Albany, NY) is responsible for maintaining the quality and effectiveness of clinical services for the integrated outpatient program. The position incorporates direct staff supervision and a range of administrative tasks related to ensuring quality clinical operations across the programs. She/he is responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance with the State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), Justice Center, DEA, SAMSHA and conformance standard as stipulated by Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health care Organizations (JCAHO).
Under the supervision of the Sr. Administrator, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of the position. The Program Administrator ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Must participate in the development and implementation of organizational policies and procedures. It is expected that staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to the operational needs of the organization. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee all aspects of the day to day operations of the SUD treatment modalities of the integrated outpatient treatment services to include OASAS mobile unit grants and all mental health integrated services by establishing effective and efficient operations in accordance with agency and OASAS, JCAHO, DOH, DEA, Central registry, SAMSHA, OMIG, CSAT regulations and conformance standards.
- Strong knowledge of Article 28 and 31; OASAS outpatient regulations 822, 816.7, 818, 819, HRA service agreement, IPMES and QA-CD applicable instruments.
- Strong knowledge of Ambulatory Patient Group (APG), DWI, Public transportation automated reimbursement (PTAR) rates and systems.
- Assist at securing three year operation certificate for all programs.
- Manage the clinical staff through supervising the hiring, orientation, training and total performance management processes.
- Supervise all clinical leadership staff and workflow; including delegating assignments and monitoring effectiveness to ensure best practices within the program.
- Supervise CASAC hours for CASAC-T's staff. Participate in treatment review and Fair Hearing process (Due process) in the absence of QHP.
- Ensure programs are financially stable. Secure financial health and sustainability by building on surplus.
- Assume leadership of the various committees (Incident Review Committee, Quality Assurance, Continuous Quality Improvement, and Integrated Care).
- Monitor Risk Management processes and provide clinical recommendations on evidenced-based interventions and practices.
- Assist in crisis management and oversee all incident reporting to appropriate agencies (Justice Center, OASAS…etc.)
- Ensure programs are complying with key indicators, new initiatives, budget expectations, grants and prepared for upcoming regulations or reimbursement expectations as Value Based Payment (VBP).
- Provide counsel and expert advice to the program directors and other staff for quality and performance improvement.
- Lead/Participate in special projects (MaxSeries) and other duties as instructed by the Sr. Administrator, Vice President and/or executive staff.
- Ensures physical appearance of all programs are maintained and in compliance with established safety programs and regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's Degree required, human services administration, public health/related field or 10 years of progressive management responsibility in health care related field with experience that demonstrates knowledge of operations in a health services organization industry.
- Minimum of eight years related supervisory experience required, with a minimum of six years senior management experience preferred.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Must possess current knowledge of regulatory standards, legal requirements, trends, legislation and emerging practices of Substance Abuse Services.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Strong financial and analytic skills; including knowledge of developing and managing operating budgets and expense and revenue management.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with multiple sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion. Must be able to multi task with strong organization sills.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency, integrity and commitment to quality.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Psychotherapy privilege (R) preferred.
- Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC)
- Seminar In Field Instruction (SIFI)
- Fully Vaccinated against Covid-19 required
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*