Acacia Network, the leading Latino integrated care nonprofit in the nation, offers the community, from children to seniors, a pathway to behavioral and primary healthcare, housing, and empowerment. We are visionary leaders transforming the triple aim of high quality, great experience at a lower cost. Acacia champions a collaborative environment to deliver vital health, housing and community building services, work we have been doing since 1969. By hiring talented individuals like you, we've been able to expand quickly, with offices in Albany, Buffalo, Syracuse, Orlando, Tennessee, Maryland and Puerto Rico.
Acacia Network Fire Guard/ Shift Supervisors ensure safety while maintaining a high-level of professionalism and courtesy. We are rapidly expanding, with over 800 employees and are seeking dynamic individuals interested in advancing their career at a top tier Security company. We are currently seeking F-80 Supervisors for multiple sites in New York City; including Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx.
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
*All candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19*
This position has the following management/supervisory responsibility (check only one):
This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities.
This is a supervisory position.
This position is a managerial position.
This is a director/administrator position.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Patrol vicinity on foot and ensure clients are secure
- Train and oversee security team
- Follow and enforce guest check-in procedures
- Attend meetings and trainings as required
- Conduct fire drills and reports any potential hazards
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
- Other tasks or ad hoc projects as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to all company service and operating standards
- Immediately respond to emergencies & provide necessary assistance
- Follow procedures for fire prevention, property patrol, and accident investigations
- Valid security guard license or ability to obtain within 10 days of hire
- F-80 Coordinator of Fire Safety Certificate requred.
- Ability to train individuals on their job duties
- 2 years experience working in shelter preferred.
- Valid CPR/First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 10 days of hire
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for a minimum of seven hours
- High school diploma or equivalent and intermediate computer skills
- Physical fitness to perform in case of an emergency
- Must be able to operate a fire control panel, conduct fire drills, and fill out the fire drill form.
- Ability to read and write reports in English
- This position requires good judgement skills and ability to remain clam during incidents
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*