Reporting to the Grants Manager, the Planning Associate (Grant Writer) is responsible for providing grant writing and developmental support to the Primary Care Grant Department's efforts to support and expand La Casa de Salud's programs and services through public and foundation grant funding and other program development initiatives. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of the La Casa de Salud, Inc.
The salary is $60,000/Year.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Write high-quality grant proposal narratives, needs assessments, applications and supporting documents.
- Complete all grant applications and progress reports on time.
- Work collaboratively with Program staff on program development, workplans and program design.
- Work with program staff on program maintenance
- Ensure programs and grants are adherent to all applicable laws at the local, state, and federal level
- Assist in the administration of grants administrative portals, including HRSA Electronic. Handbook (EHB), Grants Gateway, NYS Health Commerce (HCS), etc.
- Assist in the identification of potential federal, state, and foundation funding opportunities to support existing and planned services.
- Assist in the development of regulatory applications/submissions required to update the scope such as Certificate of Need, Change in Scopes, etc.
- Run, collect, and analyze internal and external data from relevant resources including Azara Healthcare, Power BI, UDS Mapper, etc. for proposal development and reporting requirements.
- Assist and develop sustainable budgets in collaboration with Finance and Grants Manager.
- Develop and maintain in-depth working knowledge of relevant funding agency policies, guidelines, and requirement.
- Assist with requests for site visits from grantors such as HRSA, FTCA, and DOH.
- Communicate and support program staff in understanding deliverables and other post award activities.
- Collaborate with and secure linkage agreements with other providers and programs to improve access to care and community resources.
- Assist on other special projects and tasks as needed.
- Master's degree in a related area required (public health, health administration, English, journalism, communications, etc.)
- Two years or more of grant writing/grant administration experience required; specific experience with governmental grants/contracts preferred; experience writing for health-related fields preferred.
- Experience working with underserved communities is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory bodies such as of HRSA and NYSDOH.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Strong research, analysis, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, effectively, and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use good judgment when carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective, professional relationships with all internal and external contacts.
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*