The Paralegal is high level role that will be responsible for providing administrative and office support to the Executive Vice President/Chief Legal Officer, Executive Deputy Counsel, Deputy Counsel for Litigation, Corporate Compliance Officer, and Corporate Risk Manager. The candidate will have strong executive presence with excellent interpersonal and social skills, while remaining flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in editing Legal Documents assigned by Chief Legal Officer and Deputies
- Assist in contract drafting, documentation and filings.
- Assist in Legal Search - knowledge of LEXIS is a plus
- Assist in pleadings, discovery, and other legal documents
- Assist in organizing and collecting documents for document productions and subpoenas
- Organize and maintain internal litigation files, including electronic files for correspondence, pleadings, discovery documents, and witness interview notes.
- Aid in gathering information internally to respond to discovery requests
- Prepare summaries of new matters for Acacia Network's insurers
- Maintain and search Acacia Network's internal case trackers and databases, as needed
- Act as a liaison between Office of Legal Affairs and outside law firms, as needed
- Performing administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, etc.), as needed
- Assist in the completion of PASSport submissions
- Assist in oversight/completion of temporary projects
- Assist in the completion of the following requests for all entities:
- Assist in the maintenance of incident reporting
- Work closely with finance department to Complete Check Requests for OLA
- Payment of outside counsel, payment of settlements, and OLA services
- Track requests given to Finance Department
- Ensure all outside counsel receive payments within 60 days
- Create and maintain spreadsheets that keep track of all legal matters.
- Receive and scan all documentation served to OLA office.
- Accepts incoming and outgoing calls, maintains accurate messages, and disseminates same, maintain schedules for OLA
- Develop and maintain a filing system for Chief Legal Officer and Deputies as necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1+ year's previous relevant experience in Paralegal preferred.
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Proven experience as a paralegal.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Must be able to multitask with strong time management and organization sills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- CoVID-19 Vaccination Required
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*