The Licensed Mental Health Counselor will promote full integration and collaboration in clinical practice between primary and behavioral healthcare in support of the improvement of integrated care models for primary care and behavioral health care to improve the overall wellness and physical health status of adults with a serious mental illness (SMI) or children with a serious emotional disturbance (SED) and promote, offer integrated care services related to screening, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental and substance use disorders, and co-occurring physical health conditions and chronic diseases. This position is located in Bronx, NY
Under supervision of the Program Director, the requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The provider ensures strengths based, person centered quality of care provided in a culturally and linguistically meaningful therapeutic environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The functions below outline the general responsibilities associated with this position. Each of these functions is considered critical to effective department operations and our Mission. It is expected that all staff in this position will have satisfactory attendance and will perform these functions as assigned in a competent, cooperative, and timely manner. The Job Description will be reviewed periodically for accuracy and/or adjusted according to business necessity.
*All Candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19*
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide individual and group services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness aimed at assisting them in achieving their life role goals and maintain overall wellness.
- Provision of services that are in compliance with applicable regulatory agency oversight and in line with standards of care.
- Maintain collaborative and compliant documentation that meets regulatory agency standards and organizational expectations.
- Actively participate on an interdisciplinary team that recruits and maintains participants in comprehensive care program
- Participate in person-centered treatment planning, including risk assessment and crisis planning
- Conduct regular collateral follow up with treatment partners as clinically indicated.
- Work closely with clients to create a formal treatment plan that address mental health co-morbidity treatment (including improving adherence to recommended treatment) and periodically re-assess and follow-up.
- Evaluate and provide therapeutic interventions individuals and in groups using evidenced-based practices.
- Complete all paperwork requirements and statistical reporting to ensure program compliance with applicable intergovernmental oversight agencies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and workshops, in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- All other duties as assigned by the director and clinical supervisor.
- Previous relevant experience in a Mental or Behavioral Health environment required.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or an equivalent related field required. LMSW, LCSW or LMHC required.
- Preferred current and unrestricted LCSW? NYS Licensure OR Licensed Mental Health Counselor preferred
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
- Must be able to multi task with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Substance Use Disorder and/or Mental Health Experience required
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Must have completed the Mandated Reporter Training.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*