Reporting to the Assistant Controller this position is responsible for providing financial information by recording, maintaining and reconciling financial data, preparing schedules and reports. Assists in preparing and coordinating the General Ledger for assigned entities, participates in Year End Audits, and gathers information required and facilitates department reporting and variance analysis.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the books and records of multiple affordable housing projects.
- Review proper billing for cost in payment application, change orders, retainage, and supporting documentations.
- Verify that cost details are properly recorded and reconcile cost subledger to general ledger.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of the monthly financial statements for assigned entities in accordance with GAAP. Assist in request for financial information from Assistant Controller(s).
- Prepare bank and other balance sheet account reconciliations. Record and reconcile inter-company transactions. Review individual properties for month end close
- Analyze General Ledger Accounts – prepayments and accruals, etc. Prepare monthly spreadsheets to record prepayments, accruals etc. Correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries
- Preparation of both internal and external financial reports
- Assist in budget preparation and required supporting documents.
- Following policies and procedures according to accounting practices
- Accomplish the organization's mission by completing related duties timely and accurately
- Special projects and duties as needed