The Entitlements Specialist is responsible for assisting Services for the Underserved consumers with entitlements and ensures that consumer's benefits are maintained for eligibility. This individual will also assist consumers through the eligibility process for the appropriate benefits. This position includes no managerial or supervisory responsibilities. Pay $25.00-$30.00 per hour
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Establish linkages and maintain solid working relationships with local Social Security Office and income maintenance centers.
- Work with Case Managers to determine if Shelter Residents are in receipt of all entitlements they may be eligible for.
- Assist & Support Case Managers in applying for, re-certifying and/or trouble shooting with City, State and Federal entitlement programs.
- Provide training to Case Managers on various Entitlement Programs.
- Directly work with Shelter Residents and Case Managers in difficult to resolve entitlement issues.
- Conduct workshops/presentations for Shelter Residents in Entitlements Programs. Invite representatives from entitlements programs to the Shelter to make presentations to the Residents.
- Assist Shelter residents with obtaining NYS ID, birth certificates, social security cards, income documentation etc. that may be required for housing applications.
- Prepare and assist consumers with the housing application/interview process.
- Provide accurate, complete, and timely documentation of the provision of supportive social services and consumer progression/regression toward the goals of securing permanent affordable housing.
- Manage crisis intervention services and addresses all emergency situations as appropriate.
- Maintain CPR/ First Aid Certification.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferences as needed.
- Participates in professional development activities such as in-service trainings, seminars, webinars, and conferences as needed.
- Associate/BA Degree preferred
- Experience working in the Homeless Shelter system/Human Service Field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in HRA Public Assistance, Food Stamp, Medicaid, managed care plans, Supplemental Social Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) application process and regulations
- Demonstrated experience in effective communication, proficient computer skills, organization and multitasking.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*