The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative activities that support The Director of Procurement. The Administrative Assistant performs duties that require knowledge of organizational policies and practices related to day-today activities and special projects. Exercises independent judgment in the resolution of administrative concerns and issues. The salary is $50,000/annually
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Answer the phone and takes messages in a very professional manner. Ensures that the Director receives all messages.
- Distribution of mail to staff.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, maintaining inventory and distributing supplies.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying packing slips.
- Organize and schedule meeting and appointments for the Director.
- Greet and assist all staff and visitors upon entry.
- Update Policies and Procedures and transcribe data as required.
- Generate data in preparation of regularly schedule Procurement Quarterly Report and Operational Plan on Power Point as required.
- Assist the Director with outreach. This may include phone calls, creating flyers, and scheduling visits.
- Enter ADP data for payroll for Procurement staff
- Information gathering and information monitoring. Ensures reports are submitted on time to the Executive Team, and Fiscal Department, etc.
- Filling of all documentation in appropriate binders/files.
- Coordinates staff meetings and reminders with colleagues and external agencies via outlook.
- Set up all telephone conferences meeting using MS Outlook.
- Takes minutes of all meetings, create agenda and sign in sheets.
- May be asked to go on site to various programs to provide administrator support.
- Completes in a timely fashion all travel and expense reports for Procurement support.
- Completes payment vouchers for the department as needed.
- Creates, updates, and maintains all MS Word, Excel and Power Point documents for the portfolio.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Experience with MS Office tools, including Excel
- Knowledge and understanding of purchasing practices
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*