After School and Youth Programs
After School Program Site Director
New York, NY : 5/9/2022
After School and Youth Programs
DYCD Funded SONYC program representing an enhanced afterschool enrichment model that Fosters academic, social and emotional competencies and physical well-being in a safe and nurturing environment. Provide opportunities for youth to explore their interests and creativity. Build skills that support academic achievement and raise participant expectations and confidence. Cultivate youth leadership and community engagement. Engage parents and other caretakers to support the above goals. The SONYC After School Program Director is responsible for overseeing all areas of the program at ACDP. The program contracted by DYCD to serve 91 participants. The Program Director is an integral part of the ACDP community and participates in regular meetings with the leadership of the school. The Program Director oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
The salary range is $47-50K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Overall responsibility for program design, effective service delivery, and all administrative tasks including reporting in a timely manner to DYCD.
- Serve as part of the management team and ACDP leadership team.
- Ensure full compliance with DOH's and DYCD's operational, and facilities requirements.
- With support from HR, recruit, hire, train and evaluate staff in compliance with, DOE & DOH regulations.
- Recruit and enroll at least 91 students from 6th - 8th grade via DYCD Connect.
- Ensure daily attendance is being appropriately inputted and tracked on DYCD Connect.
- Ensure a Rate or Participation (ROP) of at least 75%.
- Connect and engage students and their families with program services.
- Ensure program complies with DYCD requirements
- Comply with SACC OCFS Regulations to provide program participants with appropriate food and snacks.
- Guide and direct the implementation of Discovery Education Partnership in the after school program.
- Ability Pivot between in-person to virtual program as needed based on health considerations and guidance from governmental authorities.
- Oversee reporting and provide Deputy Director with relevant information in a timely manner.
- Participate in all ACDP management team activities, including but not limited to:
- Programming Team meetings
- After School Directors meetings
- Weekly supervision with supervisor (Managing Director of External Youth Programs)
- At least one of the Programming Team's Committees.
- DYCD compulsory trainings and meetings.
- Work in collaboration with ACDP School Education Specialist and Social Worker to develop a pipeline of program offerings to sustain youth development efforts.
- Coordinate efforts for all SONYC/COMPASS staff to engage in agency-wide programs.
- Oversee coordination of program schedules, calendar and vacation programming.
- Attend school leadership meetings.
- Keep timely and ongoing communication with supervisor.
- Prepare and monitor program budget with supervisor and in coordination with the ACDP Finance Team.
- Manage contractual and programmatic relationships with subcontractors.
- Ensure timely submission and filing of lesson plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Psychology, Social Work, or relevant field required.
- Approved by DOH, PETS (or have all required credentials) to serve as a SACC Program Director/Site Supervisor.
- At least 3 years successfully supervising staff in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of successful experience - providing services to Middle School-aged youth and working with school personnel (e.g. Principals, Teachers, Guidance Counselors, and Parent Coordinators).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- COVID-19 vaccine prior to beginning your employment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Comfortable working in inclusive, Diverse environment.
- Comfortable with engaging Middle School students.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to details.
- Proven planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluation skills; can work in a well-planned and organized manner; can follow through multiple deliverables.
- Organization and people savvy; can make informed decisions; can collaborate, lead and develop others, influence, forge strong partnerships and maintain cordial, professional relationships.
- Creative and innovative in the fields of youth enrichment and education.
- Comfortable dealing with change, multiple competing priorities and fluid environment; flexible and adaptable especially when faced with challenging situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to clearly and appropriately communicate in a variety of settings and styles.
- Proficient in the use of DYCD Connect, Google Suite, Zoom, Google Classrooms, MS Office applications, social media and other technology platforms for youth programs.
Current First Aid and CPR certification.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here