This Group Facilitator will provide group workshops and individual case management services at Rikers Island Women's Facility. NYC DOC is transitioning the individual's who were housed at Rose M. Singer Center on Riker's Island to Bedford Hills, so the services will transition to Bedford Hills as well. The Group Facilitator provides comprehensive review of the needs of clients who have barriers by applying clinical judgment to determine appropriate care. This includes performing assessment, intervention, and referral to the community facilitator and case management. The salary is $33.65/Hr.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provide group facilitation workshops to women who are incarcerated to deliver evidence-based pre- and post-release services including but not limited to discharge planning, cognitive behavioral therapy, psychoeducation, relapse prevention groups, risk/need assessments, connections to entitlements and benefits, referrals to treatment and therapeutic services, career development, and assistance in finding stable housing.
• Facilitate various workshops on topics such as including HIV education, mental health, parenting, domestic violence, trauma, etc. Work on some weekends to assist with family orientation, family group and other activities.
• Groups are 90 minutes at least two sessions per day and one-on-one counseling services
• Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals based on presenting issue psychosocial issues.
• Participate in training and meeting with Greenhope staff to address program needs, workshop updates and make changes to the group calendar as necessary.
• Coordinate services with Transition Coordinators, case managers, job developer and community reentry staff.
• Prepare lesson plans, review client work and make adjustments in conjunction with program director.
• Maintain documentation of client case records according to GSW, federal, state and local confidentiality guidelines and other regulations including funder requirements.
• Assist with in service training to staff and clients regarding updates and community service.
• Provide and document referrals and follow up services to clients within RMSF.
• Work with interns and reentry staff to carry out duties
• Assist with data collection to provide to the program director.
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of chemical dependence/abuse, criminal justice, mental health, HIV, welfare reform laws, women issues, and family development via, meetings, conferences, training and literature.
• May assist with recruitment and assessment of clients into the program
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Fully vaccinated against covid-19
- BA with 2 years' experience or MA with 1 year experience.
• LMSW, LMHC, LMFT or equivalent preferred
• Knowledge and experience working with individuals with HIV, substance abuse and/or mental health issues.
• Experience working with women including those who were formally incarcerated.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; computer proficiency; excellent writing and verbal skills
• Must be able to demonstrate a group facilitation with individuals at Rikers Island/Bedford Hills during the interview process.
• Available to work a minimum of 2 to 3 evening shifts to accommodate client and program needs.
• Must past DOC security screening.
• Bilingual – Spanish and English preferred.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*