The Security Sergeant will provide leadership and supervision for all security guard staff. Generates work schedules and assignments for the security personnel and security equipment. Provides or arranges for coverage for unscheduled absences and other unexpected situations. Provides training to new staff; ensures that operations policies and procedures are enforced at all time. Must maintain ongoing supervisory duties in order to assure officers are performing their daily responsibilities as required. The salary range is $19.50-21.50/Hr.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise uniformed security staff at a busy medical facility
- Interview prospective employees and forward recommendations for new staff.
- Responsible for scheduling and training of security staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations for HR
- Maintain safe and orderly facility, proven ability to de-escalate.
- Monitor CCTV as required.
- Maintain open dialogue with clinic staff and management.
- Assist the director with work schedules and assignments for the staff
* Perform hourly house runs to:
Perform inspections of facility
Sergeant must check all posts every thirty (30) minutes and before the end shift
Ensure staff members are in their assigned locations
Monitor recreational rooms to ensure that all residents are adhering to schedules
* Arrange for coverage for unscheduled absences and other unexpected situations
* Record and respond to incidents, client issues and complaints; perform crisis intervention procedures
* Monitor all fire and safety equipment to ensure it is always functional
* Monitor security staff and assign tasks as necessary
* Other duties in keeping with the scope and nature of the position
* High School Diploma/GED preferred. Associate degree in Social/Human Sciences, Psychology, or related field preferred
* CPR Card
* Two years of experience working with the homeless and/or low and mixed-income population in addition to experience in child welfare, family work, and substance abuse
* Knowledge of crisis prevention, intervention, and resolution techniques; match such techniques to circumstances and individuals
* Ability to maintain accurate records, to prepare and submit all required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
* Basic computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office