Under supervision of the Director of Nursing, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will coordinate and supervise the implementation of nursing care for the residents at Casa Promesa. He/She will collaborate with other interdisciplinary team members to manage the overall care/services of residents assigned to that nursing unit. The Licensed Practical Nurse will ensure that standards and guidelines set forth by the NYS Board of Nursing and Casa Promesa are adhered to at all times.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Follow accepted standards of nursing practice in providing direct care, performing procedures, and using equipment. Ensures that the findings of the nursing assessment, the comprehensive care plan, and recommendations for nursing follow-up are documented, dated, and signed in the client's medical record.
• Provides basic/emergency nursing care to clients on a routine and crisis basis
• Employee may be required to cover another floor/shift as needed.
• Assesses clients at the time of intake, and then on an on-going basis. If new medical or nursing needs arise, those needs will be communicated to the client's Primary Care Provider, Nurse Manager, or Nursing Supervisor. (An RN will perform the admissions assessment)
• Coordinates all necessary client services with other interdisciplinary team members in the comprehensive care planning process
• Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities
• As a part of the initial evaluation and the 90-day reassessment, reviews the client's medical history including medication
• Ensures appropriate
• Verifies with Primary Care Provider that client is receiving PCP prophylaxis.
• Maintains adequate infection control standards, such as hand hygiene.
• Ensures the provision and coordination of staff teaching regarding prevention, transmission, risk reduction and risk elimination strategies for HIV/AIDS, and Hep C.
• Prepares admission and discharge forms for residents to and from the hospital in a timely fashion.
• Admits new residents and completes admission forms and nurses notes; orients residents to new environment.
• Documents pertinent information regarding resident conditions as per policy/procedure.
• Utilizes the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to Maintains accurate documentation of all nursing activities.
• The LPN will participate in all mandatory training internal/external.
• The LPN will complete incident reports as needed. The incident reports be written clearly, factually, and timely.
• The LPN will be able to start IV's after receiving facility training.
• Complies with departmental policies regarding attendance, work schedules, and dress code.
• Follows all infections control protocols.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program.
• Valid and unrestricted license in New York State as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
• Current NYS mandated infection control certification (approved by NYSDOH, valid for four years, 4.0 hours).
• Experience working in a nursing home and/or addiction setting preferred.
• Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making.
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
• Must be able to multi-task with strong organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both verbally and in written form.
• Commitment to cultural diversity and sensitivity.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*