Under supervision of the Assistant Vice President, the Program Director ensures quality care and oversees the functions of the shelters according to DHS regulatory and accreditation requirements. This individual is responsible for the oversight and implementation of care and resources for the purpose of meeting the physical, emotional and social needs of clients. The Program Director provides supervision to the intake services and works with the Director of Client/Social Services to develop, implement, track, report, and evaluate measurable outcomes. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. Salary range is $75-85K
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- With outreach team members, patrol areas where people experiencing homelessness tend to frequent and initiate contact with them to learn what their needs are.
- Provide clients with basic needs services.
- Connect clients to supportive services, such as medical, housing, and basic needs resources
- .Identify and refer clients to Case Management when appropriate.
- Ensure that all paperwork related to client and program activities is properly completed, managed confidentially and stored in an appropriate location and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assess medical emergencies, contact emergency medical, and utilize Naloxone kits when appropriate. Complete an incident report on all emergency or critical incidents by the end of each shift. Attend weekly staff meetings and case consultations as needed. Utilize de-escalation skills to manage client crises as outlined in the agency's training module on verbal de-escalation. Manage purchase receipts and submit them in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the site's homeless outreach operations - service delivery, compliance to contracts, targets (case management, employment, housing placements, medical and chart compliance, recreational activities, security, maintenance, food service if applicable, etc.)
- Interview, hire, supervise, and set up training to program personnel to reach program goals
- Conduct performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, resignations, and terminations
- Oversee the operation and staff of the Homeless Outreach Program Develop and cultivate professional relationships with the Yonkers Community, particularly law enforcement, business community and other establishments Develop, train and supervise staff on best practices to engage street homeless individuals Ensures that staff are compliant with program goals and documentation Prepare reports on shift activities and client status Drive outreach vehicle if needed Works with the community to help identify geographical areas of need Review daily logs and prompt staff to follow up on referrals needing follow up Develop daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reports Work with the team to troubleshoot barriers for any client issue that arise Assist with annual PIT Count Work on holidays is required for some shifts.
- Organize onsite and offsite training opportunities for professional development of staff
- Develop and implement crisis prevention and/or intervention strategies to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Troubleshoot client and direct reporting staff program problems, and make decisions in accordance with program policies, procedures, and protocols
- Provide assistance and follow-up in regards to critical incidents with clients
- Conduct and document one-on-one supervision of direct reporting staff to assess and improve work performance (i.e. identify training needs, professional development, disciplinary actions, and terminations, etc.)
- Serve as the Incident Commander for the entire facility
- Report all incidents that may subject Acacia Network to liability to the Program Director
- Review and sign all time sheets
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time
- Provide leadership, guidance, direction, and supervision to all staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of deliverables, targets and benchmarks
- Valid Covid-19 Vaccination required
- Must have homeless outreach experience
- Master Degree required
- Valid New York State LMSW, LCSW, or LMHC required
- Seven (7+) years of experience with homeless population or special needs population (Homeless Outreach)
- Five (5+) years must be in a managerial position
- Experience working with individuals and/or families facing homelessness
- Experience in staff training and development
- An understanding of funding and industry regulations and a track record of meeting compliance standards
- Strong leadership, excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work on a strong team of professionals in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to multitask and to work and function under pressure
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*