Community Resident Monitor
Community Resident Aide
Bronx, NY : 3/18/2022
Community Resident Monitor
Under the supervision of the Community Residence Assistant Director and Shift Supervisor, the Community Residence Aide (CRA) has the responsibility of providing residents with the highest quality care within a therapeutic environment. The CRA is responsible for a wide range of daily living and supportive tasks. This individual must demonstrate the knowledge and skills needed to provide appropriate care based on the assigned unit. This CRA will adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations set forth by New York State Office of Mental Health and Acacia Network to ensure resident safety and program compliance. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined by the ADA to perform the essential functions of the job. The salary is $21/HR
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct intake assessment planning, service coordination, service provision, and discharge planning.
- Provides assertiveness and self-advocacy training designed to promote residents' ability to make life changes and increase self-awareness.
- Assist residents with developing daily living skills.
- Ensure seamless coordination between the program and primary health and clinical care teams.
- Assists in record keeping, monitoring, storage and supervision associated with the self-administration of medication.
- Manage incidents as needed while remaining calm and in compliance with the organization's Incident Reporting Policy.
- Assist with all mental health projects to meet the goals and objectives established by, and in accordance with, company policies, contracts and applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with skill development activities to help clients gain and utilize the skills necessary to undertake employment or pursue educational opportunity.
- Assist in the development of social skills intended to diminish tendencies towards isolation and withdrawal.
- Maintain and develop work-related knowledge and skills through continuous learning activities, attendance at in-services and workshops, industry seminars and conferences, speaker series, etc.…
- Provide services to address the following areas: dressing, personal hygiene, grooming, selection and/or preparation of food, cleaning and washing clothes, maintenance of environment, budgeting and money management.
- Ensure restorative services occur in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliant documentation in charts and all other programmatic areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Associate Degree or higher required.
- Significant desire to work with people struggling with a mental illness and to help them improve their lives.
- Three (3) years of experience in Human Services or Behavioral Health preferred.
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well within a team and to contribute positively.
- Excellent documentation skills, ability to meet deadlines, and follow protocol.
- Comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*
Already have an account? Log in here