The Server/Network Engineer is responsible in providing support for all networking and server equipment throughout the organization and its offsite affiliates. The position will assist and support all designs, upgrades and implementations of routers, switches and wireless access points. Responsibilities include but are not limited to troubleshooting network/server/user connectivity issues and failures.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maximize and ensure stable network performance through monitoring and proactive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot network problems issues and outages, schedule upgrades, perform network optimization, performance management and capacity planning.
- Ensure uptime and monitoring of all network infrastructure and circuits.
- Design and deploy the Network infrastructure to support more than 120 locations and over 2500+ staff.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support.
- Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
- Support an Enterprise level Active Directory environment including configuration, implementation, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Responsible maintaining operation of video system and time clocks.
- Responsible for the carrying out approved changes to the telecommunication and network infrastructure.
- Experience working with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco switches and other standard network security equipment.
- Design and architect a global Active Directory Infrastructure, including, design and implementation of Group Policy, domain consolidation for large scale organizations.
- Assist with backups to maintain data integrity, availability and failover.
- Maintain documentation of the environment and operation procedures
- Understanding of IP based networks and security.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Networking basics and it's working (DNS, IP routing, internet technologies, HTTP, email routing protocols, NAT, along with network security, firewalls, and VPN).
- Configure and setup Palo Alto and Cisco Firewalls, Site to Site VPN's and security applications for access to business applications.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrator, site personnel to provide technical assistant and support.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed to maintain site operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years minimum experience implementing and supporting Cisco routers, switches and Firewalls used in a LAN & WAN setting
- 3 + years hands on experience with Cisco Wireless Networks
- 3+ years of network security experience maintaining firewalls, network sniffers, and SSL/VPN devices
- Strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology including AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy and Organizational Units in a physical and virtualized environment
- CCNA or higher Cisco certification preferred
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation.
*Acacia Network is an equal opportunity employer*